Hello Gorgeous People!
I hope you are all very very well!
I’m very very excited to tell you about an amazing organic edition to keep everyone healthy in Worcester, ‘Naturally All Well and Good’, at the ‘Farm Shop’ at our beloved ‘The Fold’ in Bransford… Matt and I love going for amazing organic buffets at the weekend here. They always do amazing vegan, gluten free and sugar free dishes and they even have lovely raw salads too!! Woo Hooo! On the odd occasion there has been something in the food I couldn’t eat they always whip up something delicious and nutritious in a flash!
Years ago I was very lucky to meet an amazing woman who has inspired me with her incredible attitude and absolute kindness, her name is May and she first came to see me to help her back pain, she was totally dedicated and did all of the exercises I gave her and went to see Claire McDonald, my incredible nutritionist and her health soared! Over the years May became so passionate about good health that she decided she wanted to help others too! So she went to The Fold and set up this amazing store!
Before All Well and Good opened I would travel to london to get my shampoo, organic chemical-free make up and other products like clean tooth paste and organic sunscreen… Our skin is our biggest organ and needs to be looked after just as much as our insides. There are links now to certain chemicals actually lowering our immune systems so much that it causes allergies. On a recent BBC documentary a doctor said that SLS actually causes eczema as soon as it touches the skin! It is in pretty much every mainstream soap! All well and good offer two different lovely natural soaps that are totally clean and wonderful for the skin!
There is organic, vegan, mineral make-up (the only brand not to use talc) by Inika, which I use and actually used for our wedding day, it stayed put all day and I didn’t even have to reapply! Recipe books and bottles, from yours truly, amazing soaps, moisturisers, kids products, shampoos and even organic food!
May has gone to so much effort to find the very best ranges of healthy, nourishing skin care brands and has taught me a lot along the way, so here are my top 5 products from All Well and Good…
1. Our Tiny Bees Vanilla Candles – I didn’t realise that plain old candles could be so toxic until a few years ago, the artificial fragrances are not the healthiest of things to be breathing into our awesome lungs, whereas these candles smell deliciously real and natural, with a beautiful fragrance that works its way around the house and these amazing little fellas burn for up to 45 hours! Awesome right!? We actually have 4 dotted around the house which makes coming home smell super sweet! They are made with soy and bees wax, from local, happy, healthy british bees!
2. A.S Apothecary Sussex Rose Aromatic Water – Having always loved the addition of liquid chlorophyll in my water, to alkalise and add a lovely minty taste to H2O, I was intrigued to try these aromatic waters, simply drop a pipette into your water and sip for a wonderful clean flavour with lovely benefits, I love the taste of rose water and it calms the body and skin helping to heal redness! There are many other lovely flavours to try too! I loved using this on our recent holiday when we were flying to feel even calmer and more relaxed.
3. Our Tiny Bees Lavender Hand Balm – Despite the name I actually use this little beauty as a natural deodorant, I was away on a fitness course in the summer and forgot my usual coconut oil and bicarb deodorant, so gave this a go and love how hydrating and nourishing it is to the skin and the fact that even after 4 days of sweating, I still smelt clean and fresh! May also has a great range of other, equally effective deodorants that I can’t wait to try ranging from honey and vanilla to coriander and lime…mmmmm!
4. Sister and Co. Activated Charcoal Tooth Whitening Polish – I had been trying to get my hands on this for months and was delighted when I saw it in the shop, charcoal is very cleansing and a brilliant natural whitener! This doesn’t just work, but makes brushing your teeth fun like halloween every time! After a good brush with the black stuff your witches mouth will be transformed to pearly whites! Simply rub your dry tooth brush into the mixture, brush and admire the results! I use it up to 3 times a week.
5. I’m in love with the all natural soap, it smells amazing, my hands feel soft and I use it all over my body too. I used to always suffer with cracked, bleeding hands when I was little, which turned out to be a reaction to standard soap, so I’ve used natural soaps for years. Also, if I travel I always take an organic hand sanitiser with me as the soaps found on planes, trains and public toilets always irritates my skin. I use either Bentley or or Jurlique.
6. Ok…I know I said top 5, but I couldn’t resist a 6th favourite product! As an avid body brusher, sometimes I just want to get in that warm shower! This body scrub is the perfect time efficient tool for super soft skin. With natural almond oil, sugar, honey and vanilla it buffs away old dead skin cells, feeding the body super delicious oils to leave your skin beautifully buffed and smelling sweet enough to eat! Simply jump in the shower, get wet, buff all over and let wash off and done!
I hope you’ve found this post useful, as many of you know I’m quite minimalist in my skin care and nutrition and opt for simplicity, but I also like to feel good and smell nice and I love that there are luxurious products and great prices to really look after ourselves and the planet.
So if you too are an eco warrior who loves a little pampering here and there All Well and Good @ The Fold is the place for you!
Happy weekend everyone!xx
Hello Wonderful People!
I hope you are very very well and enjoying this warm November!
I’m absolutely delighted to tell you all some very exciting news… www.moveandnourish.com is now up and running ready for you to enjoy!
Move and Nourish has been a dream for the past 2 and a half years which is now a reality! I can’t wait to share it with you!
My dream was to help all of my lovely clients who come to see me at the studio with home exercises and nutrition inspiration to keep them happy and healthy between sessions. As someone who personally needs a lot of constant inspiration to keep creative and to keep improving I wanted to create what I’d love to have myself a bright, beautiful, informative site that covers all basis… So here it is in it’s very first stages…
As a personal trainer I truly believe that health and happiness is not just about bootcamp style thrashings (even though sometimes it’s great fun!) but about creating balance in life. We need to learn and understand why we need to eat amazing nourishing foods, then learn how to make them, master our favourite recipes, then stay inspired for long enough to form a new habit… then continue to learn more so that we can grow. I will cover all things foodie in the ‘NUTRITION’ section of Move and Nourish.
This is exactly the same as for our fitness goals. Having worked in health clubs for 5 years before setting up my studio I saw all too often wonderful people joining up and coming in for inductions, then never changing their exercises, despite all my best efforts, wink! Many people do change it up, but I want to give you more, I want to teach you more about movement so that you feel comfortable choosing the right thing for you on that day! I want to help you to understand why we need to mix it up and then show you exactly how to keep moving forwards and trying fun new things to keep your body alive and fresh!
I decided to create two exercise sections as I think it is SO important, ‘FUNCTIONAL FITNESS’ a place for fun sweaty workouts to get the heart and muscles working, as we grow this section will include…
-Awesome fun home workouts
-How to train at the gym
-Running specific training
-‘Get to know…’ sections covering specific muscles and body parts people always want to understand more in depth
And much much more to come!
Then we have a ‘3D YOGA’ section which will encourage you to move more and stretch to help you feel calm, relaxed, focused and happy, this will include
-traditional yoga sessions
-my own take on yoga, pilates, tai chi with an amazing functional twist to get even better results!
-Yoga nidra’s – ‘sleeping on the cloud of yoga’ meditations
-Power Poses – to increase your inner awesome
And so much more
Then I’m delighted to tell you that the amazing Nigel Lowson, my amazing friend, mentor and inspiration is here in a whole ‘MEDITATION’ section to guide you through a whole year’s meditation practice, where he has included guided meditations and the most incredible advice and guidance in how to lead a happier, calmer, more well balanced life. He includes how to tackle dealing with difficult people, why we should meditate, how to meditate, gratitude, how to de-stress, how to be more honest and how to live each day as if it were on purpose! I love this man, he has changed my life for the better and I know he will help so many more, so please do check him out!
And last, but by no means least, my amazing husband, Matt Dodson has bought the whole site together, Matt has been working all the hours of the day and night to get www.moveandnourish.com up and running, doing all the behind the scenes work, keeping Nigel and I on track and making the site look so beautiful! We are very lucky to have him on board on our quest to help the world become healthier and happier!
So, if you would like to join our family and live a life you love, we would love to have you! Please take a look and get in touch! We want to meet you and help you see how amazing you are and can become!
Loads of love!
Hey Hey Lovely People!
I’m delighted to announce that the lovely Mike Jones has joined our meditation family and will be taking a buddhist meditation session once a month at the studio… Woooo Hooooo!!
We had a great time last session! Here are the dates for the rest of the year to pop in the diary, all sessions are at the Move and Nourish Studio and everyone is welcome!
If you are new to meditation please feel free to come along! We would love to meet you!
This monday we have Yogic Nidra – Sleeping on the cloud of yoga! Nice! Happy Friday all!
Just let me know if you’d like to book a spot! If you would like to come we gratefully accept donations to the wonderful Worcester Snozelen
Love Aimie xx
Hello Lovely People of the world!
Happy Monday! I hope you have had a wonderful day so far! My day has got off to a great start, I love how you can plan a day then more awesome things can happen you never even expected!
So this morning as I was making a litre of green juice and a warm water and lemon I was called to go on BBC Hereford and Worcester to talk about Body Dysmorphia, something I know a lot about through my own experiences and also through working with clients.
I made a long list of topics I could talk about before going on-air and just listened to Toni’s questions and tried to help the listeners as much as I could with the short time I had.
As we spoke I decided to tell the listeners about something I use a lot with my lovely clients, “My Awesome Book” this is literally the thing that makes the biggest difference! The people who actually do this get incredible results quickly and maintain these results… fantastic right?
So what’s an “Awesome book”? it is simply a beautiful note book that you love that you write down everything you do well in, every compliment you receive, anything you are proud of, every time you choose a healthy option, every time you exercise, anything that will improve your life goes in! Negativity is not for the awesome book! So dump it in the bin and set it on fire! Gone!
If someone tells you you look good it goes in there, if your boss congratulates you for a great job, it goes in, if you get a nice text it goes in…We are simply making you aware of how fantastic you are!
Above is my awesome book, with my watermelon smoothie….mmmmm, yum!
If that wasn’t enough I then go on to explain the rule of 1:7 … we remember negative comments 7 times more deeply than positives!
If I told you that you “1. Look great today, 2. You smell great, 3. I love that blog you wrote last week, 4. That salad you made was amazing, what’s the recipe? 5. I love spending time with you 6. You really inspire me 7. That book you leant me was amazing, I love that you always teach me more…. “But then I went on to say, “but dude, your breath is not good today” what would you remember? the breath comment right? You might become self conscious, you might not want to hang out with me anymore? You might book in at the dentist or go straight home to brush those pearly whites, you would forget all the other genuine comment’s I said earlier!
So, if you want to go for absolute, gold star, A*, super committed feelings of awesomeness add the rule of 7 to your book and have fun…So lets take…
1. “Today Jennie said I looked really happy and smiley”
I could take that compliment and write it 7 times, or even better…embellish it…oooooo yeah!
2. Jennie said I looked radiant today, like a victoria Secret’s Model
3. Jennie thinks I look the best I’ve ever looked
4. I do look the best I’ve ever looked, I love my body and I treat it right! I love to exercise and eat and drink awesome foods for my awesome bod!
5. I smile all the time, because I’m awesome and do awesome things, I have awesome friend and I push myself out of my comfort zone!
6. I’m an amazing human, I have limbs that work, I have the ability to move and therefore I move everyday! My body heals itself and I love being alive!
7. All the good inside of me shines out like sunbeams…
You get the picture!
Do this every time you get a compliment and you will be well on the way to feeling like a ballerina ninja, who runs charities and runs marathons! Drinking your green smoothie while doing pull-ups…YEAH!!!
So go and dig an old note book you were bought for your birthday out of the drawer and get started!
You are awesome! You just need to see it!
Sometimes someone else has to believe in us before we can see our true potential, so if you are reading this I know you are awesome! Follow your dreams and never ever ever give up!
Happy Monday Beautiful People!!
Love and peace,
Hey Lovely People!
As I do practise a lot of exercise myself and with my clients (it’s not all green smoothies and raw cheesecakes – wink) I thought I’d share with you some fun moves you can expect sneaking into classes… I’ve take open-bend-stretch from yoga and had a little play, so in this first video I’m flipping the move into wild-thing, which is a version of side plank, it feels amazing and is lovely in the shoulders, the abdomen, obliques and makes you feel a bit of a yoga bad-ass! Wooo Hooo!!
This move is a functional surfer jump up that I’ve been practicing for my own surfing, which I love, its fun and nice to feel springy! In Vinyassa Flow they do a lot of quick moves, so this is great to get you moving, I also love tweaking it in the transverse plane (twisting) to give the hips and feet some variety!
Now, I love this one, simply walking from high-lunge to the other side with the add in of the open-bend-stretch to really get the hips moving and to teach the body that movement is still fun and safe! Your high lunge will become so much more open with this move!
This is really fun too… I like to call this the slough crawl, slow and steady and totally functional! It’s so important to be able to easily hold your own body weight and to be able to move easily in many different ways, I’m playing with crawling a lot at the moment as it really does get the entire body moving and it’s fun! It’s also really rewarding to feel your body getting stronger and feeling these moves getting easier!
I hope you enjoy these moves!
Have an awesome day!
Love Aimie xx
Due to popular demand from my amazing Wednesday morning Functional Pilates Class (if anyone has been in this class you’ll know we are going to have fun!!) I will be holding a catch up Tasty Tuesday – on a Wednesday for those unable to make it last time….
We will be covering
-Amazing green smoothies to nourish your mind and bodies and how to keep inspired to drink them in the winter months
-Warming Autumn salads to keep you feeling energetic, happy, full and of course warm with the change of the season
-My two favourite raw desserts ever, an incredible, healthy, raw, gluten free, cheesecake and my favourite Raw Knickers Balls to keep your sweet tooth happy and of course super healthy!
There are a couple of spots free if you would like to attend, so please just email email@example.com or call myself on 07828 296 068 or call Matt on 07712 364 056
It’s £25 per person and there will be plenty of food to leave you feeling full, content and nourished!
Have an awesome week!xx
Hello gorgeous people!!
Meet my amazing friend Mike, he is awesome! He is inspirational and I think you all need to meet him!
As you all know, I’m a huge fan of meditation and love my daily practice of either breath work, visualisation meditations or one of my favourite’s, Yogic Nidra (I’ll post a do-along-at-home version for you all to try soon!)
After spending the past few years practicing Buddhism, Mike wants to share his amazing knowledge with everyone, if you’d like to come we’d love to have you!
So….I’m very excited to let you know he will be guest hosting this Monday’s meditation evening starting 7 pm @ The Move and Nourish Studio.
This will be an amazing opportunity to learn what life is like in Buddhist monasteries, some Buddhist meditation techniques and learn more about happiness through teachings of the Buddha. I can’t wait to hear and learn more!
Mike is so incredibly passionate about health and happiness through the combination of amazing nutrition, exercise and of course meditation!
To attend this wonderful evening please message myself or the lovely Mike and we just kindly ask for just a donation to the Worcester Snoezelen charity on the evening.
Happy weekend everyone and here’s to an even happier week!!
Love Aimie xx
I hope you gorgeous people are well!!! After an awesome few weeks of training, eating nourishing foods, our wonderful relaxation weekend and the best “Tasty Tuesday ever – The Desserts Special” I just had to share this little video with you all for the most incredible cheese cake ever…. totally raw, diary free, gluten free and so so so tasty! The perfect thing to take along to dinner parties, for birthday’s in the office, for the family to enjoy instead of usual store bought desserts! So I hope you enjoy!
Wishing you all love and health!
Aimie’s next Tasty Tuesday is on Tuesday 29th September @ 7pm and she will guide you through some yummy & nutritious food & drink, including:
* a delicious green smoothie upon arrival
* a brilliantly quick & easy, nourishing salad you can recreate at home for the whole family and
* three amazing, raw-some desserts which will satisfy every sweet tooth going!!
We are now in September!!! Wooo Hoooo!!! Our awesome relaxation weekend will soon be here! spaces have been filling up and Nigel and I can’t wait to introduce you to some really amazing relaxation techniques, delicious raw food and lovely yoga moves and flows!
We’ve got Saturday 26th September and Sunday 27th, if you would love to learn to relax and enjoy each day more you can try just one day or both. Please message me or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot!
Love Aimie xx