Hello Food Fans!
If you are anything like me you will totally love summer and all of the delicious foods that come with it… sun ripened strawberries, fresh juices and salads, super sweet fruits and BBQ’s!! “Say what? BBQ? Aren’t you vegan?” I hear you cry, yes I am, but that doesn’t stop me totally enjoying delicious foods, I just have to be creative… So here are my best three easy BBQ meal ideas…
This was my first and quickest BBQ inspired meal…
BBQ Raw Pepper Burgers and Sweet Fries
1. simply chopped sweet potatoes, slowly cooked in a little coconut oil.
2. cut an orange pepper into 3 slices and fill with sliced avocado and broccoli or alfalfa sprouts (found in any good health food shop)
3. Top off with a slice of tomato and a little organic mustard (I had to get mine from wholefoods as every other place had nasty preservatives or E numbers in – we can do better than that right?)
4. Add a little pink Himalayan Salt and black pepper and any extra sprouts (highly nutritious and definitely a food you want in your weekly food intake) And enjoy!
As it’s summer, we definitely need some beautiful hydrating food in our lives, so this amazingly quick watermelon juice is perfect! Simply chop the melon up and blend until smooth… that’s it! (A few posts down you should find a video on how to do this…)
BBQ Quinoa Wraps
This is a variation of my mongo wraps in my book, ‘Nourish with Aimie’ using nice big spring green leaves we get a fantastic base of alkalising greens, fibre and alkalising minerals with loads of taste…
1. Cook the quinoa for 15 minutes while prepping the rest of the food. After 15, take off the heat and allow to absorb remaining fluid and add in some BBQ spices, I used an organic BBQ mix I found in Las Vegas Wholefoods, but any sugar free mix will work
2. Wash your green and slice out the middle ‘vein’ that’s too tough to eat (can be juiced later) chop avocado and peppers, pick any herbs, I used micro herbs I’ve grown at home, coriander and cress, so easy and delicious!
3. Down one side of the ‘vein’ simply fill with quinoa, veggies and avo and some mustard (as before) then roll the filled side to the centre, fold in both ends and finish rolling to create your wrap and cut in half…That’s it! Enjoy!
In my next blog I will share with you my BBQ burgers and raw coleslaw! Yum! Happy Tuesday!xx