Hello Gorgeous People!
As promised, here is part 2 of my nourishing BBQ recipes… I hope you enjoy them!
Vegan & Gluten Free Bad-Ass BBQ Burger
1. Simply gently roast 4 big flat mushrooms (no-oil), 1 chopped red pepper and 2 slices sweet potatoes (using the ends to make chip shapes) in a little coconut oil, gently turning every 10-15 minutes.
2. Then chop radish, carrots, red cabbage & courgette to make an easy clean salad base (today I used my mandolin to chop)
3. Blend the ingredients from my vegan coleslaw recipe in the book ‘Nourish with Aimie’ a mixture of Macadamia nuts, raw apple cider vinegar, raw honey or coconut nectar if you don’t use honey and a little water and coat the salad.
4. Using some left over quinoa from the day before, gently add in some BBQ spices
5. Chop 1 red onion and gently soften in a little coconut oil on a low heat until soft
6. Once it’s all cooked, simply stack 1 mushroom on the bottom, add a little quinoa and mustard, a slice of sweet potato, more quinoa and mustard and red pepper, more sweet potato and then red onion, topped off with your topper, the second mushroom
7. Add salad and sweet fries and enjoy!
BBQ Leftover’s to Make Any Mouth Water…
1. Simply gently steam some chopped sweet potatoes until soft and mash
2. Using the leftover coleslaw from the burgers above, fill half your plate, the other half with mash, sprinkle pink salt and a little pepper and fresh thyme and enjoy!xx