Hey Lovely People!
I hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend and are enjoying this lovely mild weather!
I always find that after the summer I can feel a little lethargic in October, so this year I set myself the challenge of simply nourishing myself in October, by eating lots of seasonal foods and drinking seasonal juices and not worrying about going to the gym as such, but committing to doing yoga every day!
Yoga simply means “Stilling the fluctuations of the mind” so my yoga practice can range from a full on sweaty fun session, to simply meditating and using different breathing techniques.
So here are the 5 things I’ve really noticed have changed after the month…
1. I feel totally calm and peaceful, in September I had a huge list of jobs and felt guilty I was always behind, now I feel on top of my life and relaxed, which makes every day more enjoyable!
2. Yoga makes me creative. When we calm the mind and stop sweating the small stuff we have space and time to be creative! Plus we stop making ourselves busy with non-essential tasks, so can do more of what we enjoy.
3. I feel stronger, not only have I seen my body change for the better, but I feel strong as I sit, or stand and I feel much stronger mentally! I feel more in-tune with myself and am finding decision making easier too. I am also a very hyper-mobile person and I feel much stronger in my legs and much more aware of the strength of my legs, which is great for me as I love working my legs!
4. I feel so grateful and happy with what I have, I don’t feel I need anything else to be happy, the “i’ll be happy when…” has disappeared from my internal natter, I feel very happy and content with my life and notice the little things like, how happy a dog looks running through a muddy puddle and people smile at me as I walk past…cool huh?
5. All the lovely people who come to my classes or have personal training are doing really really well, more people seem to be getting better results and are making wonderful decisions for their health, which is amazing! As you can see from the rest of the blog, Karen is loving the yoga classes and I can’t help but think, if I didn’t enjoy the yoga as much, she might not enjoy the classes as much?
We become like the 5 people we spend most of our time with, so surely, if we feel better, it will rub off on our friends and family?
So, as I’ve enjoyed it so much, I am setting you, yes YOU, a yoga challenge, I will post 3 different 10 minute yoga video’s and I challenge you to try 30 days of yoga!
The video’s will be live tomorrow at www.youtube.com/AimieSmithPT so please please let me know how you get on!
Love Aimie x